Establishing and protecting your brand is key to success in today’s global marketplace. This is why it is more critical than ever for businesses to seek legal counsel who make protecting trademarks and corporate identity a top priority.
Our trademark attorneys aggressively enforce, defend, protect, monitor, maintain and manage our clients’ trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names and other commercial symbols in the U.S. and throughout the world. From conception and clearance through registration, enforcement and defense, we help you retain and enhance your creative assets and secure your market position.
Roylance Abrams has extensive experience in all aspects of trademark law including:
- Clearance searches
- Domestic and international portfolio maintenance and management
- Licensing and other trademark related agreements
- Internet related agreements and disputes
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) proceedings including oppositions and cancellations
- U.S. and international registration with the USPTO and foreign jurisdictions both through direct filings and under the Madrid Protocol, the European Community Trademark system and other international registration systems and treaties
- Domain name protection and enforcement under the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act and the ICANN Uniform Dispute Resolution Procedure
- Enforcement and defense litigation and appeals
- Infringement opinions and portfolio evaluation and assessment
- Due diligence investigations and opinions
We leverage our years of experience when managing, protecting and enforcing your trademarks. Whether it’s litigation, developing internal trademark protection programs, analyzing competitor filings or formulating and implementing domestic and international trademark strategies, Roylance Abrams has the knowledge necessary to secure and protect your most important assets – your trademarks.
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., we are a short distance from the USPTO, the U.S. Copyright Office, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and scores of other agencies and courts.